Step One: Getting to AdWords
You can simply search for "AdWords" in Google and click on the first organic result which will have the URL: adwords.google.com.
If you do not have a Google account, you will need to make one, which can be done here:
Step Two: Signing Up for AdWords
Once you have reached the AdWords "Welcome" screen, you will see two boxes where you are prompted to:
1) Enter the email you want to use to sign in to your new AdWords account. If you already have a Google Account (in other words, if you use any other Google product, such as Gmail), use your Google email address.
2) Enter the website address (URL) for the business you want to promote.
Step Three: Filling Out Basic Information
On the next screen, you will be prompted to create your first campaign. You can always change this later, so don't worry if your campaign doesn't initially look the way you want it to.
- Set Your Budget - We advise setting this very low on this screen, (i.e. $1.00), until the rest of your settings have been finalized.
- Locations - Choose the country you want to show ads in.
- Networks - Choose Search Network for Text Ads, Display for Image Ads.
- Keywords - Add 15-20 keywords that you think would be relevant to your services.
- Set Your Bid - Start by setting a low bid, it's better to underpay than overpay initially.
- Create Your Ads - This can be basic initially, but write an ad that describes your service fully.
Click Save & Continue.
Step Four: Adding Payment Information
You will now be directed to a screen to enter your payment information
- Choose the country or territory of your business address.
- Choose the appropriate Time Zone where your business operates.
- Enter your business address.
- Make your billing selections and enter your billing information. The options you see will depend on the country of your billing address and the currency you've decided to use.
- Review and accept the AdWords Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit.
From here, you will be taken to a screen that says "Congratulations on your new AdWords Account" simply click "Go to Account" to get to the AdWords dashboard. Best of luck and happy promoting!